- Citizenship/Residency. SWIS only accepts applications from foreign passport /foreign permanent resident holders or residents from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. At least one parent of the applicant must be a foreign passport / foreign permanent resident holder or a resident from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
- Guardianship. Local government requirements in regard to proper guardianship of students dictate that SWIS only accept students that reside in Shenzhen with at least one parent or with an approved guardian (with power of attorney).
- Language. English is the language of instruction in all grades. The successful applicant must demonstrate a sufficient amount of English to access the curriculum.
- Age and Grade Levels. The cut-off date for entry into each grade level is 1st September. Therefore, candidates for entry to a grade level must have reached the specified age on or before September 1st. A student's grade level placement is based on the student’s age.
Special Educational Needs. Parents of students who have special educational needs should consult with SWIS to ensure that the school has the resources available to serve their children before applying for admission or arriving in Shenzhen. SWIS does not have the facilities or faculty required to educate children with severe learning needs.
Process for Admissions. The process of admission is dependent on the applicant’s age. Families should contact the SWIS admissions office for detailed information regarding the application process.
- 招生流程：招生将严格按照年龄进行年级的安排。 请见招生流程页面或联系深外国际部招生办。